MARATHON OF LEGENDS TEAM RELAY RACE & 20K WALKING EVENT
SUNDAY AUGUST 27, 2017 AT 7:30 AM
Race held in conjunction with
Mountain Mining days! celebrated on Sep 2, 2017
MARATHON OF THE LEGENDS TEAM RELAY RACE and 20K WALKING EVENT
Walsenburg, Colorado, Sunday, August 27, 2017, 7:30 a.m. Start
at Miner’s Plaza, 6th and Main in downtown Walsenburg, Colorado.
Conveniently located on I-25, Walsenburg is an easy drive from Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Denver, Trinidad, Alamosa and Raton, NM.
– Teams ranging from two members up to 11 (the marathon race has 11 legs) can split the 26.2 miles in any way they choose, running a single leg or as many as 10 (even alternating legs). The first leg is 3.7 miles, the middle legs are all 2.1 miles, and the final leg is 3.6 miles. Course details are provided below for the MARATHON OF THE LEGENDS TEAM RELAY.
– Solo runners/walkers can be assigned to a team of “new friends” and we wouldn’t stop anyone from running the entire distance although the championship trophy is reserved for the fastest team.
– Medals and T-shirts will be awarded to the first 50 participants to register and five teams will receive awards.
– Marathon event for ages 13 and up.
– Every effort will be made to enable wheel chair athletes to participate. Call 303-746-3092.
For Complete Information and Registration