It’s Time for a Colorado Staycation
While COVID-19 may have hit Colorado, it does not mean everyone needs to stay in their house with the doors shut. In fact, with Colorado’s open spaces, sparse rural populations, miles of scenic byways, and more hiking and biking trails than you can imagine, a safe and healthy Colorado staycation is where it’s at.
Can’t decide where to go? Let us recommend Spanish Peaks Country in southern Colorado. Home to Walsenburg, La Veta, and Cuchara, it offers variety, views, and very few people, making it an ideal getaway during the COVID-19 outbreak.
However, before you hit the road and head south, we’d like to remind you of some important guidelines for remaining healthy.
- Wash your hands as if you’ve just chopped a Pueblo Chili and need to take your contacts out.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Pretend your face is hot lava and don’t touch it.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow and keep those germs where they belong… tucked away so they won’t hurt anyone.
- Don’t shake hands or hug. Bow, wave, or salute. Just don’t make contact.
Not sure what to do when you’re in Spanish Peaks Country? Not to worry, there’s lots!
If you love art, check out our half-day Art in the Afternoon Itinerary.
Or, explore the southern half of Spanish Peaks Country on our Full-Day La Veta and Cuchara Itinerary.
Want more ideas? Check out our full list of half-day and full-day itineraries.