The Era of the Road Trip is Back.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, The CDC has recommended most people avoid flying, especially the elderly who are more susceptible to the ill effects of COVID-19.
But for those who can’t quell their wanderlust, jumping in a car for a stellar road trip is the next best option.
Fortunately, Colorado is arguably one of the nation’s best states for road tripping. Filled with scenic byways and backroads, it’s easy to get lost in its wonder.
Spanish Peaks Country in southern Colorado should be on the top of your Colorado road trip list, and here’s why…
- We bet you haven’t explored this part of Colorado much, so why not check out someplace new?
- Only 2 ½ hours from Denver, Spanish Peaks Country feels worlds away.
- With unique geological formations dotting the county, it’s Colorado like you’ve never seen it before.
- Spanish Peaks Country is home to the Highway of Legends Scenic Byway, reportedly one of the most beautiful byways in the state. As a bonus, you can listen to the Highway of Legends TravelStorys App while you drive and learn about the area’s fascinating history and geology.
- The cost of gas has also dropped significantly, making it more affordable to hit the road!
What are some great things to do in Spanish Peaks Country that are free of crowds? Lots!
Stick to the road and take our Highways of Legends Audio Tour.
Or, hit the trails with our It’s Always a Great Day for a Hike Itinerary.
For more ideas, check out our list of half-day and full-day itineraries.