- This event has passed.
This event has been Canceled!
The ‘most dangerous woman in America’ is coming to LaVeta!
Union organizer, rabble-rouser & child rights advocate, Mary Harris Mother Jones was only 10 years old when she left famine-stricken Ireland. Overcoming inconceivable personal tragedy, Mary Jones dedicated her life to serving the sick and fighting for fair labor laws to become one of the most influential political activists in the United Stat
This one woman, 60-minute play stars the incomparable Jan Justis, a nationally recognized dancer and winner of The Colorado Theater Educator’s
What they say about “Mother! The Story of Mother Jones”
- “Mother Jones is a wonderful, one-act play that leaves the audience in awe. Not only does actress Jan Justis masterfully command the stage for the entire performance, but the script is well-paced, well researched and entertaining. This story about this amazing woman, Mother Jones, is complex and emotional. It addresses a part of history that not many people know about, as well as acknowledges several heroes who have been lost to history. Mother Jones is a play that is definitely worth the time and money, and probably should be shown to high school kids who are ready to shape their worlds”
- “We found “Mother” to be a remarkable theater experience. Well written, informative, poignant, inspiring, well acted and well staged”
- “I have never been so transported by a production as I was by “Mother”. Jan Justis portrayed the compassion, humanity, and fire of Mother Jones so convincingly, I felt as though I was with Mother herself. I learned so much about Mother Jones and the labor movement within the context of her fight for “her boys” and their families.”
- “The script was strong and the visuals were excellent. The show deserves to be seen by many others….Jan’s performance was strong and focused and quite endearing.”
- “F A B U L O U S”
- “Remarkable performance last night! I can’t believe how many parallels to today’s crisis and climate. Congratulations.”
- “People, go! It is SO well done and interesting.”
- “Wonderful, wonderful play, so well presented and acted. Took our 15 year old granddaughter and she was so impressed. We all learned a lot about Mother Jones. You deserve a packed theater.”
- “Terrific work. Jan was incredible.”
- “I loved it. The play made me want to learn more about Mother Jones. Jan Justis was excellent. She played Mother Jones with dignity & fire. The world needs more people like Mother Jones.”