Top Reasons to Visit La Veta and Cuchara
The La Veta – Cuchara Chamber invites you to visit its special piece of Spanish Peaks Country. Here are its top reasons to visit La Veta and Cuchara.
- La Veta and Cuchara have some of the most unique geological features in the country.
- The 82-mile Highway of Legends was selected by The Lonely Planet as one of Colorado’s best Scenic Byways.
- La Veta and Cuchara are alive with entertainment, theater, music in small venues, and music festivals in multiple venues.
- La Veta and Cuchara are safe and friendly destinations for the whole family.
- La Veta and Cuchara are home to Colorado’s first State Park and the only one with a golf course
- There’s rustic and fine cuisine made from locally grown, sustainable produce and meat.
- There are only two traffic lights in the whole county.
- La Veta and Cuchara offer easy access to National Forests and pristine wilderness with areas for hiking, biking, fishing, camping, and viewing wildlife.
- These towns are located halfway between Denver and Santa Fe.
- La Veta and Cuchara are creative vacation destinations to shop for that one-of-a-kind gift of jewelry, art, pottery, fiber art, and batik. Or, take a class from one of their world-class artists and attend an art festival.
- Visit La Veta and tour a historic district with unique buildings made by stonemasons who used locally quarried yellow sandstone and the Francisco Fort Museum.
- Enjoy 300 days of sunshine and refreshing mountain air for a healthy, relaxing stay.
- Peruse the second best library in the country.
Learn more about the La Veta – Cuchara Chamber.